Tuesday, July 5, 2016

What I learned in Xalapa

My classes with the Escuela para Estudiantes Extranjeros has finished and my last full day in Xalapa has passed. A month comes to an end so quickly, and I can barely believe my exchange to Mexico is already coming to a close.

But what a wonderful adventure it was!

I was given the opportunity to experience a new culture, learn a new lifestyle, enjoy new foods and explore new places. Through the wonderful Spanish classes offered through the EEE I was able to practice and expand my language abilities and after such a short time I feel I've made leaps in the language!

My research is coming along smoothly, and though there is still much to do behind the scenes the participant observation will come to a close with my exchange. It was such a great experience to take what I have learned in my classes and apply it on the field. To discover more about the local markets and apply that to a research study has been such a learning experience that I would never have been able to have without the aid of the URSCA grant.

This month has been packed with so much wonderful things I barely know where to begin! After my classes officially ended I have been traveling to visit some more of Mexico, to discover more of this enchanting country!

But this new adventure also means leaving the city I've grown attached to. Thank you Xalapa, it has been wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment